You have permission to publish this article electronically
or in print, free of charge, as long as the bylines are
included. A courtesy copy of your publication would be
Author bylines (resource box) MUST be included at the
BOTTOM of your article and must not exceed 6-8 lines.
Do you want to be a SUCCESS or failure? I don't think too many would pick the latter. Always remember that Success in this wonderful world of MLM, does NOT come from trying to MANAGE and control your downlines. Instead, it comes from developing the leadership skills to take charge, and having the enthusiasm, vision and willingness to. JUST take ACTION and get busy, recruiting LEADERS, who use the products and share them with others. IT is VERY simple. Just teach them to KEEP it SIMPLE, and duplicate your efforts. USE your products or services, become familiar with them. THEN tell others what you like about them. It does NOT take a ROCKET scientist to do that.
You have the choice to succeed or fail. Your business starts with YOU. You may have a few hurdles, or things to overcome. Believe me, Jack & I have had our share of challenges. We had the same choice you do, quit and give up, or chose to become a leader and look for solutions, and move forward, and take this thing to the TOP. We chose to be successful so quitting is NOT an option. Remember people who have the WILL to succeed.......will succeed, regardless of the circumstances or challenges.
Here's a few points to remember as you begin your climb to the top:
1. Trying to manage your downline is just time wasted. Doing things for others that they should be doing for themselves creates cripples. Be there to help and support them but let them LEARN and do it by themselves. TEAM UP.
2. Do not attempt to drag friends and families into your organization then attempt to do it for them. If they do NOT see the big picture, there is NOTHING you can do. Trying to drag them across the finish line usually only alienates them and frustrates you. If they say NO, celebrate. Be thankful you don't have to waste more time, trying to convince them. ALSO remember, that no never means no forever. It just means the timing is not right in their life right them. Put them on a 6 month list, with a date and VOW not to mention your business to them again for 6 months. If they ask you about it, try not to discuss it with them.....make them come to you. When they see that you are doing well, and not hounding them to death, they may change their minds. If so, great. If not, great. One way or the other it really does not matter. Just keep moving forward.
3. Support members of your group by helping them when they ask for help or request your help. Do not attempt to take charge and do things when not asked. It's best to teach them to become independent.
4 Do NOT be offended when new downline members take off on their own and doesn't call you every day, asking you to do everything them. Be thankful, because they have leadership qualities. Let them form their own organizations and build.
5. Everyone has the ability to do great things. Usually those that lean on their uplines for every single thing are the ones that fail. There is a fine line there. Be creative, and try some ideas on your own.
6. If you want to earn more than your upline leader, just go out and be more productive then them, and you can pass them buy. The life of any organization is bringing in new members and teaching them to do the same.
7. This is a business of duplication. People will do what you do. If you are recruiting, and training, your downline will be recruiting and training. IF you are trying to MANAGE they will to, and your group will not prosper. Babysitting is a very ineffective way to build a business. Teach self sufficiency and you will grow.
8. Do NOT make the mistake of recruiting, and then stopping to work with those you recruited. ALWAYS your # 1 priority should be prospecting and recruiting. NEVER STOP RECRUITING. Talk to new folks EVERY day. If you are not talking to others about your business, you are NOT working, pure and simple. Share the products, and the opportunity DAILY.
9. Be sure to keep your goals before you. Don't Make excuses JUST DO IT. You can make money OR excuses but never both.
10. NEVER ever pay someone's way into the business. That is the worst thing you could to. By doing that you teach your downline the same thing and those that had their way paid into something, usually make the very worst distributors, and drop out anyway. If someone is serious about the business, they will find a way to get the money. Sometimes people use the lack of money for an excuse because they really don't want to do it but don't want to say no. JUST SAY Next... THAT is VERY important. In my career, several times I loaned folks money, or tried to help them out by buying products and NEVER once did any of them I helped amount to anything, and NONE are here today. ALL ended up stabbing us in the back, because they were looking for EXCUSES....if they had wanted to make money, they would have found a way.
11. Teach people to become a PRODUCT of the PRODUCT. USE the products, experiment, see what they do for you and become very familiar with the benefits. Know your products. USE YOUR PRODUCTS. IF you won't use your own products, how would you expect anyone else to. Develop your story and your own knowledge by regular use of the products. Never run out of products......when you see how much better you feel, you will fall in love with the products. That only happens when you use the products yourself...you can NOT expect to build a business with products you do not know, and love and use yourself....it just never works.
12. Cream always rises to the top. Look for leaders, they will be obvious. Spend 80% of your time working with the leaders in your downline. Everyone should be in touch 2-3 times per month, with at least their 3 front line people. Teach them to do the same, and build with them. If one of them does not work, or drops out, simply look for the next leader in that leg and work with them. DO NOT CHASE FOLKS. Leaders will come to you. Work closely with your sponsor and upline.
13. The correct way to support a large organization or a growing downline is simply teaching them to pass on these 3 words: YOU CALL ME. If someone needs something, they can call you or Instant Message you. You'll find as your group grows it is IMPOSSIBLE to stay in touch with everyone. That is why we are building a NETWORK. In a network, each person should develop a friendship and relationship with at least 2 uplines and also their downline. Build a team and family.
14. Always be their for your downline to give morals support, training, coaching and help them when they ask for assistance in closing prospects, but NEVER do for them what they must learned to do for themselves. Create GIANTS not cripples.
15. People that have learned to develop leadership skills, have enthusiasm, and a good visions for the future and a willingness to put forth the required effort to build an organization, usually will attract and find others who will do the same. Successful recruiters must be enthusiastic, very sincere, and believable.
16. Lighten up, have fun and take it ONE DAY AT A TIME. IF you want to be serious, and stressed out, KEEP your day job and forget this. If you want to build a future in mlm, have fun with it. ENJOY IT. Make friends, and help each other out. This is NOT like a JOB (just over broke) this is a LIFESTLYE you're building. Remember if you will do this for the next 4-5 years, you will be thankful, and have more than you ever thought possible. SO few make it because they simply give up. This is like planting a garden, plant seeds for months, fertilize, water and care for them, nurture them, and in time you will have a good harvest. Same here, look for quality people, help them learn and you will build a solid future together.
17. Always be on top of it. Take problems UPLINE and NEVER downline. If you are struggling, talk to your upline, share and have them help you. It's critical that you always be positive, and have the appearance of being emotionally charged. Remember If you are UP, go down, If you are DOWN go up. Everyone will have a down time, it's normal. Just do NOT drag your organization down by sharing negative. Always be positive and you will be very glad you did.
18. True success in network marketing depends mostly on ONE factor - a POSITIVE, uplifting personality, and an enthusiasm and exuberance. You simply can not convince people to change their lives or careers, or even participate in a part time manner UNLESS you enjoy what you are doing. You should NEVER talk to anyone unless you're in a positive frame of mind.
HAVE YOU SHARED YOUR COMPANY WITH AT LEAST ONE NEW PERSON TODAY? If not, go do it now. One thing about the awesome online world is people are available day or night, round the clock. You can always find someone to talk to. JUST DO IT! Write down your dreams, and then go to work and make them happen.
Success is planned.....plan your future now!!!
About The Author
Diane "AKA MLMBlonde" Walker is a professional network marketer
that has build her business using the power of the internet. She has
also developed MULTIPLE income streams and is committed to helping
others reach their dreams. http://mlmblonde.com
Reprinting this article is permitted with this footer included.
Copywrite 2005 - Legendary Ventures